Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Beginning...

I like to think of myself as a layered mess of depth. I remember the first time someone called me "shallow", and I masticated the word with disgust. How could someone consider me... this passionate, poetry writing, over analyzing creative onion, shallow?

In my dating adventures, many men have met their defeat by the blade of boredom. As I was being lulled to a half-sleep by their mindless babble, I started to keep track of the things that consummated their demise. The little things that, when we are bored, we notice. The things that grate on our nerves until we feel the itch to jump ship from the sinking vessel of annoyance.

So, as I considered myself and the word "shallow" as a characteristic of my personality, I came to this conclusion. I can only judge on a shallow scale until given depth to judge. If all I know about my date is that the weather is nice today and he just bought a new iphone, then I have no choice but to stare at the gap in his teeth and the spit that sprays from it when he talks. He's given me no other option. Therefore, shallow I must be.

Upon the epiphany of it all, I decided to start this blog of "Shallowisms", a shallow way to the depths of love, the do's and dont's of dating in the early stages of your relationship discovery from a woman's point of view. It is like a list of rules of how to avoid deal-breakers on that first date and ensure that a second date is in your attainable future, and through all the humorous dating disasters, may a hero emerge.

Jenna Christopher

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I am certain I will have plenty to contribute in regards to dating disasters. I've had my fair share;)

    ReplyDelete